Below are listed the most common issues that may arise when using Waspmote for the first time.
- My Waspmote is rebooting, What can I do?
Check the battery connection, It should be connected to Waspmote. When using radio modules and sensor boards, USB is not able to provide enough current.
- My Waspmote does not work correctly, the code is blocked or it is rebooting when I use XBee, GPS, 3G, GPRS or any module that needs high power.
Check the battery charge using the example PWR_04. We do not recommend working with battery levels under 30%.
- How can I charge the battery faster through USB?
Uploading a code that does not waste energy, for instance, the DeepSleep example, but enlarging sleeping time as follows
- Original line: PWR.deepSleep("00:00:00:10",RTC_OFFSET,RTC_ALM1_MODE1,ALL_OFF);
- Larger time: PWR.deepSleep("00:00:30:00",RTC_OFFSET,RTC_ALM1_MODE1,ALL_OFF);
- A complete battery charge can last 14 hours using the USB cable or 20 hours through the solar panel connector.
- I get this error message: “Programmer is not responding”
- First, check Waspmote switches, They must be in ON position (the farthest from the USB connector)
- Check if the right USB Serial Port is selected.
- Unplug all connectors (power and USB) and plug them in again.
- If you use MAC, maybe you should reinstall FTDI drivers. Here and here are tutorials of how to do it.
- My XBee modules can't communicate with each other. what can I do?
- Check that both XBee have the same networking parameters (PANID, CHANNEL, etc).
- Check destination MAC address.
- If you can not connect, you can use XBee example codes: Configure parameters, send packets and receive packets.
- You can find more communication examples in: https://development.libelium.com/waspmote/code-examples
- My Waspmote does not wake up!
Please, test the DeepSleep example and ensure that battery is connected and charged.
- How can I build packets easily?
Waspmote has a library for this called Frame, you can get more information here:
Also, you can get examples here:
- My Waspmote is not saving the RTC time stamp
If you remove the battery, the time stamp is lost.
- How can I check my Waspmote hardware?
You can use this code to check your hardware: https://development.libelium.com/waspmote-factory-default/
To know what parameters are checked, you can read example notes.